Monday, February 18, 2013

so sorry...

To the Family of Alice Swingle,
I am so very sorry for your loss. 

Mrs. Swingle was my first grade teacher and one of the nicest, most caring people I have ever had the privilege of knowing.  My mother, now passed, (Evelyn Davis) was a second grade teacher and a friend of Alice's.  It was nice for me to be able to see her through the years as I would come to see my Mom.  She always had a beautiful smile for me, for everyone.

I remember her classroom,  our "reading lessons", the felt board with the letters and animal cutouts we could play with.  She was a wonderful teacher, a wonderful person who will, I'm sure be missed by many.

May God comfort you and give you strength in this time of sorrow. 
Sincerely,
Sherry Davis Rowberry
"Unable are the loved to die.  For love is immortality"
{Emily Dickinson}

No comments:

Post a Comment